They say your middle name is Trouble but I know it's Caroline

AGh, so much work to do so just quick musings.

While I'm working I've been downloading music from a wonderful Swedish (I think) record label called Labrador. It's free and legal, get over there now! I've ordered two CDs from them (an entire CD delivered from Sweden for €15): Suburban Kids With Biblical Names and Acid House Kings. I highly recommend both bands, especially Rent A Wreck by SKWBN and This Heart Is A Stone ... or maybe Sunday Morning since that's what it is ... by Acid House Kings.

I live really near to the River Shannon (across the road and through the hotel), so we walk the dogs there every day. There's a lovely wooden footbridge (though it's not as nice as the old one but it was rotting so they had to do it up a bit), and lots of swans and ducks and sometimes geese and herons and cormorants. And oodles of salmon, apparently. Anyway, I'm quite excited because there's all these little islandy things in the middle of the river by the bridge, and one of the swans has built a nest on one right beside the bridge. So you can stand on the bridge and see right into its nest without it feeling stressed or upset because you can't actually get at the nest. I noticed the nest on (I think) Tuesday. On Thursday there was an egg in it. On Friday there were two eggs in it. Dad says they're going to get bird flu so I shouldn't get too attached, but I think it's lovely. I feel like Bill Oddie. I took a picture but blogger isn't being helpful.

Back to work.

 

0 comments: