Just eaten a rather large and delicious meal. Oh the joys of being at home. There's so much delicious food everywhere, including a bag of meringues just beside me simply crying out for strawberries and cream.

I spent a large part of the day today shopping. Various relatives gave me money for my birthday, with Gran specifying that her money was to be spent on a new outfit. So I went clothes shopping. It's funny the way it's harder to find things you like when you actually have money to spend. I spent ages in Brown Thomas trying on loads of things, and nearly bought a Pepe Jeans dress with a wonderful 'kick' (as the nice saleslady called it), but it didn't have any straps so I felt a bit bare. I finally bought a frightfully posh ivory silk and linen jacket. I decided that I needed to have at least one posh item of clothing to wear next year if we have any swanky meetings to go to. Perhaps even Westminster if Spencer has his way.

This evening I'm going to spend half an hour at a friend's gig. He rang today, and my parents immediately guessed that he must have a gig on ton
ight. I don't know, I had texted him earlier in the day. It meant I had to text other people to ask if they'd like to come to, completely blowing my cover. I carefully neglect to tell people that I'm at home: it gives me a few days' peace and quiet. I have far too much dissertation to do, so I really can't go hanging around with people.

Munster beat Perpignan today, so we'll be facing Leinster in the semi-final, guaranteeing an Irish team in the final. According to an article in the local newspaper earlier in the week, Limerick would be entirely deserted today, and the last people left were to turn out the lights. It was remarkably quiet for a Saturday, but there are 150,000 people in Limerick and only 16,000 were going to the match, so I think The Post was getting a little carried away.

I've mostly been eating, sleeping and doing my dissertation since I got home. I'm at an incredibly tedious and time-consuming part of the whole thing, which involves listing everything Classic FM, Radio 3 and Lyric FM played for a week in November. Classic FM do rubbish logs, so I keep having to look up track duration, whether the piece is an entire work or just a part, and what instrumental forces it uses. But right now it's time to go watch the gig, so I'll tell you more about how fascinating my dissertation is another time.

 

2 comments:

Spencer said...

:D

Glad to see your supporting me in my quest to go to Westminster!

;-)

New clothes .. that reminds me .. ive ripped a hole in my jeans today so i think I better floow suit and do a bit of shopping ...

Sam said...

We'll need to find some sort of campaign that will enable us to go - or a special day.

Albert Owen will be the one to see, he's the nicest chap in the world and always gives us a little glimpse of something new in Parliament. Last time I went he showed me round the Lords' chamber.

Having said that, we could just arrange a constituency visit.