Networking ...

Just had a long chat with the very lovely Managing Editor of Radio 3. I feel so important! I had emailed him with questions about my dissertation, and he suggested I phone him at home. So I did. We had a good old chat about public service obligations, live music and performing groups. He said he normally ignores all requests for help with undergraduate dissertations, but that I seemed so knowledgable and informed that I merited some help. He wants me to send him the finished product and pop in to say hello if I'm ever in London. Woohoo! I'm going to take him up on that offer, you know. Somebody organise another demo in London, quick!

Went for a drink with a few people from Lyric last night. They're all so lovely, we just sat there nattering for ages. It's nice feeling part of the gang, you know. I popped into Lyric itself for a few minutes before we headed to the pub. It looks just the same except that there's a digital radio on the coffee table. Not that digital radio works in Ireland yet.

I don't really have an awful lot to say today. Just working away, you know. I'm going to get my dissertation finished on time, which is a nice feeling. Just about, but it's going to work. I might even be granted a couple of days' extension because I was sick. Although it's not all that much use since Monday week is a bank holiday, so I can't go getting my work bound or anything.

Oh, and apparently if I was a world leader I'd be Mother Theresa. So not particularly leadership or even alive. But it's nice being someone nice, not Saddam Hussein (haha). Back to Bangor on Saturday.

 

2 comments:

Sam said...

Moi aussi!

3 hectic weeks - not looking forward to it - I can't believe we'll be finished so soon.

I won't get to go home for the summer either, so it's straight to the new job from here on in. How exciting!

Sam said...

Don't need an excuse, I think we should just go to London.