Lá brea samhraidh

Well I see Sam beat me to it, but I'm going to talk about our lovely evening too. Mostly because I haven't really done anything else this week.

Yesterday was a nice day. My dissertation is almost completely finished: I still need to re-read it afresh on Monday and make some minor changes my tutor suggested, but I'm taking a break from it until then. I emailed my final draft to my tutor at 10:30 yesterday morning, and didn't do any more work all day. I'm SUCH a rebel.

Instead I went on a lovely walk to PC World. I could barely contain my excitement. No, really, it was a nice walk, good'n sunny. I froze my gym membership (I'm not going to be here for about five of the next eight weeks) and booked a haircut at the same time. Which reminds me to confess: I spend THREE POUNDS on a hair magazine yesterday. I know, I know, I am shocked at my own actions, but I'm so terrified of having a bad haircut that I thought I should spend some time and money trying to decide exactly what shape thing I want on my head before going to the hairdressers. That way there's less chance I'll be bullied into having a fringe again.

Much of the afternoon was taken up with things like my last ever Storm FM Exec meeting as a committee member *sob*. It was fun: Spencer allowed us to deviate from the point quite a lot. Actually I'm normally as pedantic about it as Spencer, but it was nice to just chat randomly since it was our last meeting. We had a nice debate about whether the Student Radio Association should hold their awards in Birmingham (=yes). I'm going to go find the stated aims of the SRA and see if I can find anything about representing the entire nation or anything.

Then I went back to my house for a music team meeting. Also not very focused but a lot of fun. I'm now member 16 of Holly's new cult. I don't know if you'll be able to see the post if you're not a Bangor student ... Spencer also very kindly delivered a delicious chicken and garlic pizza to my house. Deelicious.

Sam was very easily persuaded to go for a drink in the Tap & Spile (my summer pub). He brought along the lovely Mel and Luke. I love meeting lovely new people. Sam says he's not as much of a fan, so I'm going to be in charge of vetting the new people we meet next year. Spencer also turned up and, yes, both of them drank alcohol. Don't listen to Spencer trying to blame his weaknesses on me. I merely had half a pint left which I couldn't drink as quickly as I needed to, so he offered to help.

It was a really lovely evening. Just the type of evening I needed, actually. It wasn't too hectic, there were no Old Boys running around like idiots (the Tap & Spile's far too civilised for them), and we chatted and laughed for hours. Then Sam & I went to Spencer's house for quite a while until he kicked us out. Nick, Robbie and Chris were still up when I got home, and Nick was quite drunk so he spent about half an hour picking hairstyles for me from my hair magazine.

Unfortunately, Chris claimed that our house phone doesn't read out text messages, a claim which I disputed, so I sent a text message to the house phone to text his theory. The phone didn't ring, so I thought no more of it until 7am this morning when the phone rang and kept ringing every ten minutes until I finally managed to answer the phone on time just to find a stupid voice reading me my text message. Served me right.

 

0 comments: