I think I have a house now too. The people in the house beside the SU have offered me the room. Of course one never really has a house until the contract is signed, so let's not count our chickens, but I'm very pleased. That's one less thing to worry about after Easter, and one beautiful (and clean) house a mere skip across Deiniol Road away from the SU. I can have lunchtime naps!

It's Dad's birthday today (happy birthday Dad!), so I've made him a party hat which no doubt he'll wear all day. Mum and Ian are away, so I'm in charge of birthday festivities for the day, but really what'll probably happen is that we'll celebrate tomorrow or Sunday (Mum's away again on Saturday) when the others are home. This is the end of birthday season chez Goggin (all four birthdays in one month), and the first one I'm at home for, so we'll have to do something nice.

I slept for eleven hours on Tuesday night, not waking up until 11:30. Far too late. So this morning I set an alarm for myself. It took me a while to get to sleep, so I only got eight hours' sleep and I found it quite difficult to wake up. Nevertheless, here I am, wide awake and ready to write about the fourth movement of Janacek's first string quartet. Hoorah!

 

8 comments:

Sam said...

Happy birthday to Mr Goggin, and grr that you've got a house to live in.

Spencer said...

I hope you have better luck in the house than my friend who's moving out of it!

And happy birthday to your Dad .. I want to call him Neil but I'm not too sure ...

CG said...

I'm sure you can call him Neil if you like, but his name is Brian. The house-hunting isn't going so well then Sam? I suppose I have it easy, being female, international AND post-graduate (sort of), all the things landlords like best. Also, I'm not sure these poor ladies know what they've let themselves in for. Being closest house to the SU means they'll have sabbs traipsing in and out all the time for tea and biscuits.

CG said...

Oh and you can post happy birthday messages on his blog: http://shopandcook.blogspot.com (while reading what delicious things I've been eating all week).

Sam said...

You'll also have lots of people wanting to stay over after a night on the piddle.

Anonymous said...

tea and biscuits? sounds grand....worst comes to worst sam, theres always the house i'm moving out of....the only problem you'd have would the one where all the people living there like to scream as a method of communication!

(aren't you glad i told you not to now??)

CG said...

I was just thinking that earlier. I most certainly am glad, thank you! Were they annoyed I ran away?

Anonymous said...

They probably are mourning the loss of someone for the room! i keep getting texts telling me my room's been tidied for me. I like that idea....