I haven't just spent the day getting annoyed with RAJAR. I've also continued my semiotic analysis of the fourth movement of Janacek's first string quartet. It's quite fun: you basically print out a copy of the entire melody (it's too complicated if you print all the accompanimental parts too), then you chop it up into little bits and stick it onto pages so that the similar bits are lined up vertically, but you have to still be able to read it like a piece of music. It's complicated and fiddly but more fun than writing text and arguing with RAJAR.

Tonight I'm going to the Wicked Chicken with Joan and several other people from Lyric (and all her other friends) because it's Joan's birthday. It's also Steve's birthday. I think it'll be good for me to get out of the house and stop working for the evening, although I probably won't stay to late so I can get working again bright and early tomorrow.

Does anyone have an A2 scanner? And what about this binding our dissertations malarkey? I have several A3 sheets and one even bigger sheet that I need to include .. how's that going to work? Suggestions?

 

2 comments:

Sam said...

Can't you fold them in? Ask at the binding place, it must have been done before.

Maybe you could present your dissertation in a fancy box instead...

Anonymous said...

and you could put bows and ribbons and all sorts of shiny things on the box! *thinks of mr bean in love actually!!*