Where I'm not

I'm not at Electric Picnic.

Instead, I'm in my office, spending the ticket price on shoes. Or something. Generally shopping, anyway.

I've managed to get one of those coughs. I like to call them Carolan Specials. The deep, deep rattling sort of cough which apparently makes me sound like a man.

I've had it for a week or so, but I finally got around to going to the doctor on Thursday. He gave me antibiotics and this crazy cough suppressant which is supposed to help open my airways, supplementing my inhalers cos I was having difficulty holding my breath.

Crazy stuff. I took my antibiotic, this medicine and a Lemsip over lunch in Varsity, and started to shake. So I had a look at the side-effects. They also included mood swings. I went from being quite cheery and hyper to sitting in my office crying. It was really quite ridiculous. I felt quite out of it all day, just a little bit floaty.

So I don't really like that medicine. It did help my cough, but it made me feel far too weird. And I decided that it would be stupid spending the weekend at a festival in the rain. So I nipped over to Dun Laoghaire yesterday and sold my ticket. Never mind, never mind. I'm sad I'm missing it, but I really don't think I'd have enjoyed myself properly. Far too tired.

 

3 comments:

Ian the Great said...

I'm really sorry to hear it Carolan! I really hope you get better. Hpe you got a good price!

Do you have RTE 2 over there at all? I think they are broadcasting some of it in the evenings. If you don't Mum is recording most of it anyway.

Spencer said...

There's also a big 'match-making' festival in Ireland this weekend apparently!

I don't mean a festival where you make matches, but the kind where you meet new people ..

Ireland seem's to have it all!

If it wasn't for the fact I'd be too far away from my beloved West Brom I might have considered moving there!!!

CG said...

Yeah but that's in Lisdoonvarna which is in Clare, and you know what they're like over there.

Although Lisdoonvarna has a nice smoke-house. I got a t-shirt there once. With a picture of a fish on it.