So Glyn didn't win Big Brother.

This is the first year I've really watched it properly. Last year I watched some of it because I was tech op-ing for The Full Score, and only had to press about three buttons in two hours, so I needed some mindless TV to watch. But I didn't really care who won.

This year, though, we had our very own Glyn to cheer for. I know there's lots of cynics (or synics if you're Spencer) out there, but I think it's going to be quite fun having a celebrity in our SU (and University). He seems like a nice boy, and I'd imagine he'll help raise the profile of UMCB considerably this year, which will be nice.

I do think we'll have to watch out for him a little this year though. The SU should be a safe space for any student. He shouldn't feel hassled by anyone in our building and venues. And if any paparazzi can be bothered coming all the way to Bangor, we'll need to keep them out of the SU.

Anyway, the final was an excuse for a nice party chez Carolan. We drank punch out of martini glasses and harvey wallbangers out of any glasses we could find. We had pizza and crisps and dips. And now I'm feeling tired. It's quarter to four and I'm still in my pyjamas. Oh well, it's Saturday, it's raining outside, there's no real reason to get dressed just yet.

 

7 comments:

Spencer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Spencer said...

Tom Jones ...
Catherine Zeta Jones ...
Rob Brydon ...

.. Glyn ..

Supermanc said...

I think Glyn is a dude! This is the best big brother ever... all the rest were poo compared to this!

Anonymous said...

I don't care one way or another if he comes... I just don't want to have to witness girls throwing themselves at him just because he was on television


p.s. Hi Carolan!

Anonymous said...

that was me^ accidently put anonymous instead of my name

CG said...

Hey Holly! Welcome!

Anonymous said...

Glyn said on Richard and Judy he was having a gap year...