Went to a dinner for Hall Wardens last night. It was really very enjoyable. There were all sorts of University big-wigs there, and it was quite a nice feeling knowing I've now met most of them.

Sam, Frodo, Gerallt and I sat on a table with several of the ladies from Student Services as well as Meri Hughes (Pro-Vice Chancellor) and Mike Goodwin (Director of Estates). We tried very hard not to spend the meal campaigning, and it was quite enjoyable chatting about things other than work. Apparently Mike reads Sam's blog first thing every morning, but I think they haven't found mine yet. Which is nice.

Today I'm very tired. We went to the pub with the Hall Wardens after the meal. Nice to get to know them, they're such lovely people. But I'm exhausted. And my shoulders hurt. I don't feel like doing any work today. I wish Welcome Week wasn't so close.

 

0 comments: