One week

What a week.

Almost too much to write about, really. In summary:

Four nights running minibuses, involving cowboys, welfairies, Japanese tourists wanting photos, vomit, donations, water pistol fights with bouncers, the police and vast quantities of gratitude.

Two days running Serendipity. Problems on day one:

* techies turned up an hour late so when everyone turned up to their stalls there was no electricity or chairs
* Rhyl Marquee and Tent Hire turned up an hour late with a broken marquee, so had to drive back to get working poles
* O2 yelled at me because their stall wasn't big enough for a multinational corporation (*suppresses the urge to swear*)
* the security guards I'd ordered didn't turn up.

Despite all these setbacks, the actual event ran pretty smoothly. The NUS Wales people were extremely impressed which was reassuring. And day two was much better thanks to the Wales University OTC who very kindly came along early to help me set up tables, leaving me much more time to stress about other things.

There was also a day selling NUS cards (there was much displeasure when people realised they had to pay for discounts this year), a day packing goodie bags, and a day distributing goodie bags. An Exec meeting, lots of encounters with BWRPS (who need a venue for their wargames) and a Societies General Meeting. And I took minutes at the AU Captains Meeting.

But we rounded off the week in style: it was Frodo's birthday yesterday so we went out and celebrated. It was quite a lot of fun.

 

6 comments:

Ian the Great said...

ooh sounds like a nice week, apart from the stress. Well done my sis.

Ian the Great said...

and the title reminds me of the Barenaked Ladies song.

*singing* it's been one week since you looked at me, cocked your head to the side and said "I'm angry".....

CG said...

Yes! See I was listening to it when I wrote the post because you'd been writing about Barenaked Ladies. So yeah.

Ian the Great said...

Hooray! Go Barenaked Ladies!

(it really isn't the sort of thing you'd shout in a crowded room)

P.S. I'm bloggin more than you, so nah!

Tom Giddings said...

Doesn't surprise me the techies turned up late :p they decided to try exert their power over our setup on the second day!

Overall I think serendipity was excellent :)

Unknown said...

sounds like it all went very well Carolan, i have heard good reports about it!

Hope you enjoyed it somewhere amongst all that!

Oh, by the way, my blog's alive again