Here we go gathering blackberries in September ..

A good thing about not being at Electric Picnic is that I have time to go pick blackberries. I think I'm going to go for a stroll up Bangor Mountain to find them. Maybe with some headphones. I'm being very sociable lately, so perhaps it would be good for me to have a little walk by myself.

I do love blackberries. They're probably my favourite fruit, second only to strawberries. I always find it so upsetting that the strawberry and blackberry seasons don't coincide.

Never mind. I'm going to make one of my favourite desserts: blackberry and apple crumble. Which has just reminded me that I forgot to buy apples. Pretty essential part of the dish. I'm going to have to trek back up to Morrison's.

But yes. Crumble. I love it. I love making the crumbly top, mixing the butter into the flour. I love eating the raw crumbly bit. I love picking the blackberries, I love chopping the apples. And it's just so amazingly warming and lovely when it's all baked.

I think I'm also going to make brownies. I bought walnuts and chocolate and stuff. I must find some kind of a recipe thingy. If they last past the end of the day I might even bring them to work with me.

I'm also excited because Shane and Claire have invited me around to their house (three doors down) for dinner. We're going to watch Into The West! I can't wait. I'm going to bring my Taytos and Moros. Maybe even the crumble. I feel dead special, having friends who aren't sabbatical officers.

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling very hungry for your crumble. Saw some lovely blackberries today at Portumna forest park. We have some very tasty raspberries at home.

Tom Giddings said...

mmm crumble

I'm not a sabbatical officer lol, still glad you're having fun :)

Supermanc said...

Carolan, you will have to make crumble for me sometime! It sounds heavenly!

Anonymous said...

Hey, sabb friends are COOL. at least thats what i tell myself....

Anonymous said...

Emma has non-sabb friends too... At least... I think I'm considered a friend...

Sam said...

Will you be mine too, Cat? I need to bulk up my portfolio - it's a lonely life, doing a 4-year course and then being a sabbatical officer.

Sniff.

Rob said...

Loneliness is the way of the President... or that's what I told myself for my meagre 'portfolio'

Sam said...

We're lone wolves, I suppose. Destined to be marginalised.

CG said...

Yeah but Tom you and Spencer are still in the SU every day so you might as well be. And one of my last remaining non-Union friends (Chris) will shortly start working in Freddy's again. Agh!

Anonymous said...

Ah, go on then Sam, I spose I can add another friend to my group of... Not very many...

It's a lonely life doing a 4 yr course followed by another year that 2 friends were doing to find less than a month before the start that both have dropped out!!

CG said...

Aw Cat let's be friends too.

Now I have several friends. Hoorah! In fact, I'm going to the pub with some non-SU friends this very evening. What a treat.