Right, day one is over. Day two has begun. Seven hours of being-cheery-and-welcoming-freshers (with a hefty sprinkling of carrying stuff from cars until I realised it was stupid to offer to do that all day), five hours of herding freshers onto minibuses. With buying lots of packed lunches and trying to write a table quiz in between. Five hours of sleep later, I'm sitting in my office wondering what to do with the ten minutes before my minibus drivers arrive.

But day one seems to have gone pretty smoothly. In fact, the biggest crisis was probably that the FOD minibus electric windows stopped working halfway through the day. But we have very good RAC cover, and the RAC were on Ffridd site anyway, so that was a problem easily solved (the man came and replaced the fuse). We even had sunshine! My face is now a healthy shade of pink.

Just have to hope everything runs so smoothly the rest of the week ...

 

0 comments: