Dad has pointed out that this coming Tuesday is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. We're really quite excited here in the Union (apart from Sam, who told me to "Knob. Off. Arr."). I may even dress like a pirate for the day, although that might startle the Hall Wardens somewhat.

To get yourself in the mood, go read Buccaneer Bachelor, containing such choice gems as:

We'll spend the meal swappin' stories and lies, and by dessert I'll have ye believin' me mother were a mermaid and me father were married to her.

(thank you to Emma for showing me this)

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I have participated in past years, I don't think it would be appropriate for me on an 8 hour flight across the atlantic. :(

In other news, this weekend I fell in love with Sufjan Stevens at his show Friday night and then again tonight while at the Austin City Limits television show taping of his performance. *sigh* what a beautiful man and a musical genius. Just thought I would let you know.

CG said...

I want to fall in love with him too. Bring him back with you. Please?

I'm having a bit of a hyper moment. There's zillions of Storm people in the media room and it's making me so excited. Friends! Who aren't sabbatical officers! I can't concentrate on work now, I'm far too excited.

Anonymous said...

You should definitely get to work... cause I'll be back in Bangor on Wednesday and who knows about all the distractions I can create for you!
take advantage of the lack of Holly while you can!
heh

Anonymous said...

just you try and tell me this isn't the most beautiful sight you've ever seen.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/siatefelici/ACLSufjan2.jpg
*sigh*

CG said...

Oh my god! I didn't realise he was so attractive!