Well that's that then.

Degree over. I got my results yesterday: got a first. And, apparently, some class of a prize for my dissertation. I'm a bit hazy on the details, but it's called a School of Music Prize (creative title) and I get £50 but no certificate. I might have to make my own certificate.

It's eight o'clock and I've been awake since five. I just can't sleep when it's this bright outside. I'm planning on sleeping on the ferry though, and on the bus home. I'm quite tired again.

Moved into my new house yesterday. Gangs of people turned up to help me move (thank you!) so it was very quick. If anyone's looking for a man with a van I recommend this Sam person: £10 to move all my stuff in his big white Transit van. After the move we all sat in my new living room having refreshing drinks. I was quite chuffed to find that the only thing my guests could find to criticise about my new house was that there's an electrical socket too close to the sink in the kitchen. It really is gorgeous.

So I have quite a lot to do this morning, but I don't think I'll manage any of it until I've had something to eat. I hope Crumbs will open soon: they do deeeelicious bacon and sausage sandwiches. I'm a little stressed about my Uni email address vanishing .. Sam says this will happen very soon, but I want to keep it! Surely we need a Uni login next year?

Anyway, I'm going to go scavenge some food. Later I'm going to go to Ireland. Both fun things. I'll be spending a week on the boat, so I might slip off the blog radar while I laze in the sun. To keep yourselves amused while I'm gone, go have a look at reasons why Darth Vader is a loser. And other superawesomewow articles.

 

4 comments:

Vicky said...

I believe you guys get a sus*** logon for SU staff. Congratulations on your first.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! well done you lots. And we do get sus log-ons, but you can always borrow my rsu email if you need one over the next month. Safe journey home!

Ian the Great said...

am i surprised? no

but CONGRATULATIONS BIG SISTER

and read your emails if you havent already. I think we aren't going ont he boat next week because of the alternator or something.

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cdXTDovB9K8

Anonymous said...

well done!!!! that's fab!!!! and also rather shiny!!