Today I've decided to travel the world.

I'll get around Europe by picking fruit. I'd like to spend a bit of time in France; I like France. And visit Scandinavia.

Then I'll go do some volunteering in Africa. I'm not sure whether I'd like to do aid work or conservation work. One of them. As long as I get to see elephants. No snakes though. I don't want to see even one snake. Although maybe exposure to them would help me be less scared. I don't like being scared of things.

I think I'll give the Middle East a miss. Although visiting Israel and/or Palestine would be interesting. Just a quick visit. I could get some nice olive oil.

Then over to Asia. I don't know what to do in Asia. I've never really thought about it. I don't know, maybe I could do some rebuilding in Indonesia, although I don't know if they'll still need help rebuilding by the end of 2007. Maybe there'll be a new crisis to help with by then, although I hope not. I can't even decide which countries in Asia I'd like to visit. Vietnam interests me a bit because my cousin is from there and they have nice hats. China would be nice too. Perhaps I could head for Hong Kong and venture inland a bit from there. Perhaps India too, but it's such a big country. I wouldn't know where to start.

Australia and New Zealand next. I'll get a crappy (and illegal) job for a few weeks to top up my travel fund. Australia is only mildly interesting, but New Zealand is supposed to be lovely. I'll go look at something scenic there.

Then across the Pacific to South America. I'll skip Hawaii: I'm only mildly interested. I'll already have done Cuba by then, so I think I'll skip Central America. Rio de Janeiro would be great. I'd kind of like to go to Venezuala too, just because America says it's Bad. Not Colombia, that's a bit scary. Oh and definitely Cusco to see Machu Picchu. My friend Karen (of the party) spent some of her gap year volunteering at Machu Picchu. I'd like to do that.

The only thing I'd still like to see in the USA is Yellowstone Park. But I'll probably give the whole country a miss. They might interrogate me a bit too much if I have Cuba and Venezuala on my passport. Canada'd be nice next. I don't know where to go though. Quebec? Toronto? Vancouver?

My final stop is quite an exciting one. Iceland. I'll go bathe in hot springs and search for Bjork and Sigur Ros. Then back home to earn a load of money and do my MA.

But WHERE am I going to get the money?

 

3 comments:

Sam said...

You could spend 6-12 months teaching in Asia - they pay big dollar for people speak english.

Rob said...

You could sell your body... or save, get a proper job but i reckon you can easily save £250+ a month as CSO if you're excellent with money and have cheap rent.

I'm gonna have to go back home for six months to save more and I'm doing Malaysia-Singapore-Australia (working)-Tasmania-New Zealand-Fiji-Mexico-America and Canada

Nat pepeR said...

Le monde est mal fait....

I live in france and my first dream is to go to Ireland. I don't know when&and where but I have to discover the emerald island.

Sorry for my awful english (irish? :})!

I feel that Ireland is my place and I don't know why. I feel irsish for many years,even it may seem stupid. Perhaps I'm as mad....as a hatter.

Slán!