Aching all over

Oh my feet hurt so much. My muscles ache, and I'm sunburnt. But I've been having fun.

On Thursday I went water-skiing for the first time. It was so much fun, way more fun than I expected. And much easier too. I fell over on my first attempt, having tried to stand up too quickly. The second time I managed to stay up, but didn't stay up for long because I'd straightened my arms too quickly.

But after that I didn't fall over at all. I learnt how to swerve in and out of the boat's wake, how to lift on foot out of the water, how to take one hand off the tow-y thing. Apparently the only thing left to learn on two skis is how to jump. Andy says he'll take me wake-boarding over the summer. He says it's even better fun.

It's incredibly tiring though. That was two days ago and my arms and legs are still aching. You couldn't do it for long.

Waterskiing took longer than expected. It's run by two lovely people from a very nice steel boat called Tubal above the bridge in Portumna. They're chatty, and we ended up sitting chatting while the man finished his lunch (so he could take us back to the harbour). They're so nice, you couldn't be nervous around them.

Anyway, yes, it took longer than expected. We had to dash home so I could leap on a bus to Dublin. I showered in double-quick time while Ian ironed my dress and Dad cooked me a steak and mushroom sandwich. Mmmmm. It turned out that the rush was somewhat unnecessary, since I had to wait for twenty minutes when we got to the bus stop. But one never can tell with Bus Eireann. One never can tell.

I stayed with my aunt and uncle in Rathmines on Thursday night. We had a lovely summery salad, bread and cheese meal while we watched the Sweden vs Paraguay match. I slept soundly, but woke up with aching muscles. Time for Bloomsday celebrations!

 

0 comments: