Had a nice girly evening last night. Went to Hickey's (a pub in the village) to meet the Castleconnell Crew: Maeve, Maebh, Sinead, Aisling and Triona. Maebh works in Hickey's these days so wasn't too impressed with lurking there on her night off. So we went to Maebh's house (very swanky) and watched Pride & Prejudice while drinking peach schnapps and orange juice. It was so very girly. And sort of cultured too. More girly evenings are in order, I think.

The next film evening I have lined up is my Into The West evening with Shane and Steve when I get back to Bangor. Into The West is an atrocious Irish film, probably about 15 years old by now, which makes it just the right age for us to be properly nostalgic about it. I was sent home with orders to buy Taytos (the best crisps in the world, made all the more pertinent by one of the main characters in the film being called Tayto), Moros (no, they're NOT the same as Boost bars) and red lemonade. Or maybe Club Orange. But I think red lemonade is better. It's going to be a proper little Irish evening.

Today was disappointing. I went into town to get some lovely shoes I saw when I was shopping for heels last time I was home. But they only had one pair left, and they weren't in my size. I'm so incredibly disappointed. They're wonderful little shoes: white, with multi-coloured sequin-type things on. Okay, that makes them sound hideous, but they really are lovely. Even Ian liked them. Galway had better have some exciting shoes to sell me or I'll stamp my feet. OH! I've just remembered there's a branch of Schuh in Galway. So I'll probably find some nice shoes after all. Hooray hooray hooray!

 

9 comments:

Sam said...

The shoes sound nice.

Could you pick me up some cotton bags if you get a chance? I'll give you the moolah for them when I see you next.

Sam said...

(where are my manners?)

Pleeeeease?

Spencer said...

I hope Sam and I aren't going to be subjected to 'girly nights' should we come and stay in Ireland ..

Im a man ... I need Lager and a scary movie ...

(Although I'll setlle for a glass of wine and a comedy!)

Anonymous said...

Can we declare every Tuesday 'girl's day' and mandate people to wear pink and eat fairy cakes, and then in the afternoon we'll watch cheesy chick flicks in Academi. It could work....and I bet trading would like the business as well....????????????

Pleeeeease?

Sam said...

Emma - with all due respect, knob off.

CG said...

How rude, Samuel! I'm with Emma on this one.

Sam said...

Alright, only if the films have Meg Ryan in them.

(I'll stretch to Sandy Bullock)

CG said...

Oh not Ms Bullock! She's really quite awful.

Sam said...

What's wrong with Sandra? She has her own unique style and effervescence.

We could watch some films with Natalie Portman in, but I don't think you're ready for that yet.