This is just a quicky because I've got some Beatles books on short loan .. they're like gold dust so I should really use them, not blog. Nevertheless, here I am.

I'm feeling calmer about my essays: I have now written 2100 of the required 6000 words. Now I feel like 6000 words is something I can achieve, unlike on Friday and Saturday when the sheer sense of panic was making me very grumpy indeed. I was startlingly grumpy last night, too. So grumpy I was having difficulty speaking to anyone. It's very unlike me, and I do try to suppress my grumpiness so normally it's difficult to detect, but I think my flatmates probably guessed from my curt, one-word answers that I wasn't feeling full of joie de vivre.

Don't worry, I cheered myself up by watching Top Gear. I don't know what it is about that programme. It's full of things I'm not interested in, like cars and Jeremy Clarkson, but it's absolutely compelling. They did a wonderful thing on yesterday's show, making a convertable people carrier. It was SO cool. I thinnnk it might be the same kind of people carrier the SU has ... anyone for an open-topped people carrier?

Anyway, I'll be so full of happiness on Thursday you won't be able to shut me up. Imagine finishing your degree. What a concept. I think yesterday's grumpiness was fuelled by tiredness and hunger, having completed the Race For Life in the morning. Go me!

On Saturday morning I ran 3.9km in 31 minutes. Yesterday I ran 5km in 28 minutes. Hoorah! It was a gloriously sunny day, and the course ran along the Straits, so it was very pleasant. I've remembered how much I love middle and long distance running. It's just so satisfying feeling that you've done so much exercise. Quick! Find me another race to run!

Now, I must go back to writing about Sgt Pepper and Falla's keyboard music. Funderful.

 

2 comments:

Spencer said...

Congratulations on your run! I owe you £10 sponsorship!

Dont worry bout the SU lunchtime show on Storm FM either. It wasnt a point blank no, there were 'concerns' that I'm sure can be addressed.

Keep smiling (even if your legs do hurt!)

=D

Sam said...

I don't believe it - you are joie de vivre personified.