21 hours left ...

I'm not going to write about the AGM. It was well-run but boring (such is the nature of AGMs) and anyway you can read about it elsewhere if you care.

What I'm mostly here to do is remind everyone that in less than 21 hours I'm going to finish my degree. In fact that's a fairly random target, because I'll probably finish all my work in about five hours, and despite the deadline for the essays being tomorrow, I have to hand in a folder of coursework on Friday. It's not any extra work, it's literally just handing in folders, but the people in the office will only accept the folders on Friday morning. Which is a pain because I'd quite like to get rid of them now.

It's a sunny day and I'm feeling somewhat relaxed. I'm nearly finished. Come tomorrow I won't have anything to be stressed about. My bad mood which lurked all weekend and continued into Monday has finally lifted. I had a nice cry on the phone to my mum which made me feel much better, and I got quite a lot of work done which also helped.

I've just been for a walk to the SU to buy my copy of Ink. I flicked through Sam's copy yesterday, but I needed to go buy my own. It is Absolutely Superb. Now I'm not one for superfluous capital letters, so when I capitalise adjectives like that you know it means something. I've been encouraging everyone to buy their own copies, not to just share other people's, because Ink don't yet receive any money from the SU so they need every copy to be bought.

It really is going to shake things up a bit media-wise. I really can't wait to get working on the media next year. It's going to be great. I think I'll start by running thinking sessions with each media group where we analyse strengths and weaknesses, figure out exactly what each group is supposed to be doing, and set targets for the year. Seren needs a constitution and a committee structure, so we'll need to work on that too. Y Ddraenen needs an editor apart from anything else. And Ink needs money.

I must admit that I'm quite pleased Ink is taking over the feature side of Bangor life. As Spencer says, it means Seren can focus on being a newspaper, not a feature magazine. It'll give them a bit of direction, having that competition.

Now, must go finish my work. What a concept.

 

3 comments:

Tom Giddings said...

I agree totally, Seren and Ink are going to have to be very careful what they cover in order to avoid competing with each other. Which is good really, keeps the magazine element and newspaper element seperate.

CG said...

Did you notice both publications had an article on stress relief from 'the doctor'?

Sam said...

That was v. naughty of him, wasn't it.

I did his survey on smoking the other day.