Sam very kindly blogged for me, so you probably know that I've spent the morning lazing in my back garden reading the Guardian and eating strawberries. Strawberries are so delightfully decadent. I also have croissants, freshly squeezed orange juice and cream to put on the rest of my strawberries (the first round was eaten with some nutritious oatty cereal).

I think this is quite possibly the hottest day of the year: it was t-shirt-warm before 9am. A good day to be finished everything. Chris and I broke our wonderfully retro deckchair though. He sat on the extendable leg-rest bit and now it's all bent and won't retract.

I'd better scrub up a bit before going to this DAP assessors meeting. Emma is kindly lending me a dress for the AU dinner tonight, so I won't have to turn up in jeans. Should be fun.

On Saturday I'm going to Chester to visit Lush, buy elbow-length gloves and go to the zoo. It's going to be wonderful. I was planning on going sailing on Sunday but apparently sailing isn't on so I might see if anyone wants to go to the beach instead. I'm cooking a meal for Spencer and Sam in the evening .. although if it's really sunny maybe I'll drag them to the beach too and we could have a delicious barbecue with yummy freshly-baked bread and salad. The salad's not freshly baked. Obviously.

 

3 comments:

Tom Giddings said...

No fair! why is it always warm when I have to be inside, grr.

oooh Chester, I miss civilisation...have fun!

Ian the Great said...

Bah humbug! I have another 3 weeks of school left and you are not only finsihed but lording it over the rest of us. In my day...

Congrats on getting all your work done. I suppose you might be allowed to relax for a bit now. You might even have time to talk to me when you come home.

Congrats big little sis!

Anonymous said...

..and now you are going to have to change your profile as you have completed your B.Mus. Well done, my favourite daughter!!