Peace at last

Well I've finally completely finished my dissertation. I'm sitting in a computer room on Normal Site waiting for it to be bound. Should be ready in about three-quarters of an hour: I'll take it to the Music Department and go home to bed. I probably shouldn't have stayed up til 1:00 last night since I had to get up at 6:30 to get to the bindery on time.

The finished beast is 79 pages long. Okay, so the main text of it is double-spaced and over twenty of those pages are appendices, but that's still a lot of work. The main text is about 14,500 words long (waaaayy over the word limit of 11,000 but never mind, eh?).

I really don't have anything to say, you know. I'm just entertaining myself by typing things. Somebody's left their car keys in the computer room .. I think I might give them to security in a bit. I'm talking to my friend Adam in Japan which is nice. He's eating bread filled with strawberry jam and whipped cream. I'm not sure I approve.

Okay so two more essays to do by Thursday week, then I'm completely finished everything. One's on Sgt Pepper which should be fairly easy since I studied it for my Leaving Cert. But the second one's on Manuel de Falla's keyboard music which I know absolutely nothing about. Challenging ..

No, look, there's no point writing about nothing. I'll go read the Sam Burnett report instead.

 

2 comments:

Sam said...

Bread filled with strawberry jam and whipped cream? Sounds delish - now, are we talking a sandwich or a doughnut here?

Well done on the dissertation, though! I've got a 20-minute presentation to prepare for 12 o'clock.

CG said...

Not a doughnut. I don't know that it's a sandwich either. From the description, it sounds like a roll with the strawberry jam and whipped cream tucked inside. Like a doughnut, but not made of doughnutty dough. Made of bread dough.