I wouldn't dream of gloating, but ...

... I'm at home. And it's great. I had a Lush bath last night (while reading Private Eye) followed by a 12-hour sleep. Today I've done pretty much nothing. I had a shower, preceded by twenty minutes sitting reading with a Lush hair moisturiser (Marilyn) on my hair (on the first in my series of Carolan Lush ratings, I'm going to award the Marilyn 8 out of 10). I'm going to bring my dogs for a walk as soon as it stops raining; as usual, they're wandering around wagging their tails and jumping on me. Although Goldie is whining very slightly at the moment: he has heard the shower run so presumes that means he's going to be walked right now. But it's raining! Dad just cooked me a delicious fry-up so I'm feeling sated and/or satiated.

It's slightly odd having nothing planned for the next couple of weeks. Where are my targets? Goals? Deadlines? Sarah has suggested setting myself nice acheivable, relaxing goals to ease the transition from working hard to relaxing, like:

1) make a cup of tea by four o'clock

2) finish a book by the end of the week

3) take dogs for a walk.

Nothing too taxing. My ickle bruvver's coming home today so no doubt I'll be spending time hanging around with him tomorrow, perhaps watching some Jeeves & Wooster, although that's a bit too like planning for my liking.

I haven't been home in this part of May for a while. The beech hedge in our back garden comes out in the second week of May, and it's now the third week so it's good and green. And my favourite tree in the world, the big beech tree in the graveyard, that gets its leaves in the first week of May, so it too is looking green. Although not in a Conservative kind of way. And the creeper thingy draping our pergola is in flower too: it's so pretty! I can't remember what it's called though.

 

1 comments:

Spencer said...

Not in a conservative kind of way!?

Good god woman, you've gone mad!