This finished-my-degree thing is fun.

Today I went to the beach with Spencer and Tom in the morning. Spencer made a picnic, so we ate that, washed down with ginger beer. Lashings of it. It wasn't sunny or warm or anything, but it was a really pleasant walk. Very relaxing. I do like a bracing walk by the sea.

I went home and slept for several hours, then I cooked a lovely big roast for Sam and Spencer. And Robbie and Chris. And Simon ate some chicken too. Sam made a most delicious fruit salad, it was quite wonderful (and he left the leftovers for me!). The whole meal turned out very well: the chicken was spot on (it was a good-sized free range chicken: I rubbed butter over it, squeezed some lemon onto it, stuffed some garlic cloves into the breasts and put lemon and garlic inside) and the vichyed (I'm not sure I can turn that into a verb ..) carrots were scrumptious. Oh, and because it's asparagus season we had some lovely fresh asparagus with a lemony butter sauce. Mmmmmm. I do love sharing meals: today I had Spencer's picnic, Sam's fruit salad and shared my roast with them.

Yesterday was also rather exciting: I went to Chester to see the azoo. I saw the lions but not the kangaroo. There was he-males and she-males of every hue. Up in the zoological gardens. I also bought an awful lot of stuff in Lush. It's just so wonderful. My room smells marvellous. I got Mum the bath ballistics she wanted (isn't it nice to see my family leaving nice comments for me?), and I went to the cheese shop to get lots of Cheshire cheese for Dad.

Tomorrow it's off to Carmarthen (if that's how it's spelt) for an NUS Wales thingamy telling us about the new NUS Extra card. We nearly didn't make it because poor Rob (who was going to drive us) has had to have his appendix taken out (get well soon Rob). But Steve's going to take us instead. I do love days out.

Right, it's time to do more sleeping. Up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to set off on our grand adventure, and as soon as we get back I'll have to get scrubbed up to go to the societies awards.

 

5 comments:

Sam said...

Your dinner was bloody marvellous, well done.

Ian the Great said...

Still lording it over the rest of us(or at least me) with your zoos and fancy meals. I'll just keep on with my mountains of hard work..no hang on..never mind.

Can't wait to see you at home WITHOUT work.

the link on my name is my new blog in case you hadn't worked it out.

(and isnt it awful that your parents and brother post comments o your blog)

Ian the Great said...

or in case it isn't it's at(exactly like yours)

iangoggin.blogspot.com

CG said...

I clicked on your name but there was no link to a blog there. I did try, honestly! Anyway now I know where it is I'll have to amend the link.

What fun things are we going to do when I get home? Will we go have an adventure for a day or something? We could go to Cork, that's an adventure in itself.

Ian the Great said...

Oooh Cork sounds nice. I haven't any plans seeing as I haven't a clue what's on or anything. i've convinced myself that I'd like to go to some comedy thing or other at some point this summer though