Tired and happy

I should be in bed. It's only 10:30 but I've got a breakfast show to do in the morning. I wonder if anyone will turn up for retraining? I'll send myself to sleep by thinking of nice tunes to play. So, breakfast show, then my Beatles lecture, then pancakes (my friend is currently telling me I'm very naughty for spitting in the face of tradition). Lots of work needs to be done during the afternoon, then Something Borrowed Something Blue in the evening. Busy busy busy.

We had another nice Council meeting just now. I got to make my points about the Bilingual Regulations. It still got passed, but I wasn't expecting it to get rejected. I just wanted it to be acknowledged that there was a problem. There still is a problem. There's far too many unwritten rules. There simply must be a way to write Bilingual Regulations without any loopholes or bits you can't obey.

I was in the computer room this morning listening to Ray D'Arcy on Today FM (he's my favourite DJ ever) when who should appear on air but .. my old Irish teacher! It was such an unexpected, lovely surprise. Apparently one of Ray's co-presenters (Jenny Kelly) went to my school, so they'd rung up her Irish teacher. Awwww. I've been in a haze of nostalgia all day.

I'm far too tired for all this blogging stuff. We had a sailing event at the weekend which was exceptionally exhausting. I went out for the first time in ages on Friday night, got about four hours sleep then spent the day being organised in the fresh air. Nothing more tiring. Then I went to Sheffield, stayed the night, met lots of lovely people, drank a hell of a lot of wine and slept all the way home on the train. Except for when I was sending drunken messages. Arg. Then I had a nap this afternoon too, but I'm STILL tired. So it's time for bed. x

 

2 comments:

Sam said...

Mmm...pancakes.

Haha - drunken messages.

Tom Giddings said...

Hey, if they want to make loopholes, its my job to exploit them :D