It's Sunday and it's my mum's birthday. Happy birthday Mum! It's also Storm's birthday, so I've been organising a 24-hour show marathon. Some wonderful people volunteered to do the 12am-6am shift, and another wonderful person did 6am-9am. There's enthusiasm for you.

I think I'm coming down with something (thanks Sam). My chest is feeling tight, I'm coughing a lot and I felt a little achey last night. I'm just going to ignore it, though. I don't have time to be sick. As long as I can stave it off until Friday everything'll be just fine. I might have an interview in Limerick next week, so I just might have to go home early for Easter. I quite like that idea.

The rugby was enjoyable yesterday. I watched it with some staunch English supporters who were very tactful indeed. Thing is, it really could've gone either way, so it's hard to begrudge a win for either side. So we came second overall, but we won the Triple Crown. And that's what matters. I was wearing a nice green hat I earned on Paddy's Day, and the barman told me I was a day late in my celebrations. There were loads of people wearing England hats .. had he not noticed the other team on the pitch?

On Friday I pioneered my favourite canvassing technique so far: the campaign pub crawl. Not only do you have to drink in every pub, you also have to speak to everyone in the pub before you can move on. We only managed three pubs (it's quite time-consuming), but it was a whole lot of fun. People were so very friendly. We went to Normal Site in the morning but we couldn't find anyone. Deserted. Completely deserted. Probably all crammed into Paddy's.

It's Abbey Road this afternoon. I'm feeling a little apprehensive about it .. had a bit of an incident the other day. I'd rather not go today, but there's no-one in the office to phone so I'll truck on. Then Storm interviews again at 3:30. We'll all be crammed into the edit suite because of the marathon broadcast in the studio. Snug.

 

1 comments:

Sam said...

I missed mine. Oh well.

You'll be glad to know I'm feeling a bit better...

(and happy birthday to Mrs Carolan's Mum! I do like a good birthday)