I realise I should be making more of the elections on this blog since I've just been elected Second-In-Command of The World, but I've spent so much time electioneering and talking to people about elections that I'm just going to direct you to Spencer's blog since he's written about it so nicely.

The elections completely took over my life. When I got home last night Yes Prime Minister was on. They were talking about how to win votes so I had to run away and hide. This morning at the SVB training we were discussing rights and responsibilities on committees. I said that good communication was vital. Sam told me I could stop saying that now because I've been elected. That made me chuckle. I do feel like I've had certain phrases on repeat over the last few weeks. Good communication ... provide a service ... involved in any societies ... everyone should have a say ... have a Haribo ... have you voted yet? And now I can stop.

Except that it hasn't stopped. SVB training this morning was fun. There's a lovely committee there, and I've asked them to consider whether or not they'd like the CSO to be the sabbatical officer with responsibility for SVB (they currently aren't linked to anyone -- the only standing committee without a sabb). If they decide it's a good idea, I might be the Treasurer of SVB next year.

Then I went to Hot Mikado, the SODA production in Theatr Gwynedd. It was lots of fun, all colours and lights and happy sounds. There's some really very talented people in SODA. I went on my own because everyone else was busy, but there were Rostra people there so I had people to talk to during the interval. They're awfully nice. Tonight I'm going to another Rostra production (Rhinocerous), so I'll probably see them all again then. Aside from being a nice way to pass time, it's important to attend these things to support Performing@Bangor's fight to keep JP Hall.

I may be in the computer room now, but don't think for a minute that I'm having a break for SU stuff. I'm here to read all the documents ahead of Monday's Council Meeting. I love Council, I'm looking forward to it. Although Sam won't be there because he's got work, so there'll be less trouble-making. And I have to speak about the Ffridd Redevelopment policy motion because I'm the seconder. Agh!

 

1 comments:

Sam said...

You'll knock 'em dead.

Whether through mediocrity or fabulousness is the key point in question...

Only joking - you'll do wonderfully.

We won! It's still taking a while to sink in...