I've locked myself out of my house. I was in the back garden spray-painting, so I pulled the back door closed behind me to stop the fumes getting into the house, but I forgot to put the door on the latch. So here I am in Informatics in my slippers waiting for Rich to collect keys from Chris so that I can get in. Please elect me.

Karaoke was surprisingly fun last night. Chris and I were in good moods, so when we got on stage we danced while singing and generally did a very energetic performance. It's not too bad singing in front of people when you have a backing track. Apparently I sang nicely and Chris mostly sang nicely except for the verse where he thought it modulated (it doesn't) so he was a semitone sharp all the way through.

It was also a good opportunity to talk to other candidates. I made several new friends and sussed out the competition. I should really have had more people in Carolan tshirts there, but Chris and I probably made ourselves quite visible enough. I'm absolutely exhausted this morning. I woke up early and found it hard to get back to sleep. My legs are aching from all the dancing, canvassing and exercising. I'm going up to St Mary's/Bryn Eithin in a few minutes to do more campaigning. I'll have to see if I can persuade Rich to drive me.

 

0 comments: