I'm having the bestest birthday ever. All sorts of marvellous things. I got home from campaigning this evening to find the house bedecked with snake-shaped balloons. I sat down on the couch and my flatmates brought in about 10 presents, all carefully wrapped in newspaper, and a ridiculously chocolatey cake. It was the most wonderful thing! My presents included bubbles, a fantastic yellow baby mug (one with a lid and two handles) and a gnome. Sadly, the gnome was savagely murdered by the cake, which was dropped on it from a height. Bizarrely, the cake emerged entirely unscathed while the pottery gnome was shattered into small pieces. Anyway, the cake was so full of sugar and chocolate and whatnot that we all had massive sugar highs. Hilarity ensued.

Probably my favourite present of the day was a gold bracelet from my gran. I'm really really rather chuffed with it: she was given it by my grandad when she turned 21. Grandad is my only grandparent who isn't alive, so it's really rather special getting that kind of present. Also, the only other gold bracelet I have was given to me by him when I was born. Obviously it's a little small for me now, so getting a new one is fantastic. It really made my day actually. I cried when I opened it, but it was a nice kind of crying.

Continued campaigning today. Met lots of lovely people. Karaoke to go to this evening. I normally get really wound up about these things but I'm going to be brave and prove that I can conquer my fears for the sake of student politics :) And I've got my purdy dress to make me feel happy. I think I'm going to go to Chester on a shopping spree when these elections are finished. Clothes. Lots of clothes. Maybe some more sparkly shoes too.

So, big shout out to everyone who's made this day absolutely fantastic so far. It's been just about non-stop fun. Now to eat something which is not entirely sugar-based ..

 

1 comments:

Sam said...

That was really nice present from your grandma...the best presents are the ones that really mean something to you, that have got some thought behind them...