I'm sitting in the SU waiting for various people to turn up so I can complete lots of trivial but time-consuming tasks. I've just about finished my presentation: all that needs to be done is making acetates and rehearsing it. Once that's done, all I need to do is prettify my Music In The Community report on time for next Friday. Which reminds me of another small task I need to do. Email my lecturer, because our presentations are the morning after results night. It's .. unlikely that I'll be in any fit state to give a presentation at 10am that morning.

There's so much to do for elections. I haven't put any thought into my speech yet and I have no idea what kind of things to say. I'll have to chase up some veterans for advice. I'm not scared of public speaking, it's just the planning in advance that stresses me a bit. I also have a website to design and get translated by tomorrow, t-shirts to print onto and posters to stick up. Then I'll be able to exhale.

I watched half of About A Boy last night, but had my usual I-have-too-much-to-do-so-why-am-I-watching-a-film thing I get whenever I watch films. So I went to sleep instead. It's a bit cringeworthy, that film. I can't bear watching the bits where that boy sings. He was on This Morning the other day. No idea what age he is now, but he actually seems fairly normal.

There was absolutely nothing on TV before About A Boy, in that half hour period between arriving in the house and the start of the film, so we had a good chuckle at Look4Love TV. There's loads of new people on it all of a sudden, and they're all Quantity Surveyors from the North-West.

Exciting post this morning: a big package from my parents with strict instructions not to open it until Monday, and my information about the Race For Life. Arrgghh .. would anyone like to sponsor me? It's 5 kilometres, aagghhh the most I've ever raced before is 3km. I think I've managed to run 5 kilometres just jogging casually, but I was fitter then. Must get rid of this stupid cough and start running properly. I could just walk it, but I like the sense of achievement I get when I've run a long way. Anyway, if you're getting money off people I think it should be for doing something difficult.

Right, I think I'm going to have to abandon the SU, I have far too much work to be doing and I'm hungry. Maybe I'll finish the pancake batter, mmmmmmmmmm.

 

2 comments:

Kitty said...

That boy is on everything at the moment. He has a billion films coming out, hes also grown by about 6ft. Can anyone have a carolan tshirt? lol

CG said...

Yeah if you have an old t-shirt you'd like yellow stuff stuck on. I also just found out an old flame of mine is a butler in the new Lassie film. Now there's fame for you.