I'm siiiick. For only the second time ever, I took a sick day. Well, not a full sick day, I still haven't done one of them. A sick half-day to be precise.

Anyway, I think I've got flu. Or a very bad cold. I find it's hard to tell the difference sometimes, but I have had a bit of a fever so maybe flu. When I got home I got into bed and slept for a couple of hours which helped a bit but I still feel rubbbish now I'm out of bed.

I'm blaming it on the cycling. It was terribly cold when I cycled to work on Wednesday, and terribly cold when I cycled home, and the shower was terribly cold when I got home so I think all in all the coldness made me sick. And maybe it was made worse by being banished to Coventry yesterday. I mean, no offence or anything Sam, but it's not a very pretty place. There's a lot of concrete. So I'm not sure how that ends up making me ill, unless my aesthetic sensibilities were so offended that they are ganging up on me.

So since Andy's off in the pub I'm sitting here attempting to Christmas shop on tinternet. I feel so uninspired this year but lengthy browsing has given me a few ideas. I can't deal with the crowds in town so I'm sticking with online shopping, which means I need to get my skates on if stuff is to arrive before Christmas.

I've got the first of my Christmas parties this Sunday. This is the all-years fast stream party. Next Friday is the first year fast stream party. Then the week after is my divisional party. Oh it's all so festive but right now I am feeling distinctly unexcited. I think I'm going to get a Christmas tree tomorrow which might help, and I think I could probably eat some mince pies if they were offered. And maybe a hot port if I could be bothered making one. Ohh I need Andy to come home and present me with all these things.

 

4 comments:

Sam said...

Me too! I took a sick half-day today...

P.S. You're a racist, Coventry isn't that bad.

Knocknagow said...

Oh dear, it sounds like you might have to miss a party in favour of getting better. It's the London air, I reckon, that has got to you.

Knocknagow said...

...you really must update your biographical details. Your employers would be very upset if they thought you were unemployed, and they might pile more work on you.

Anonymous said...

Hey... really amazing cold/flu remedy..

Put the following in a glass of hot, but not boiling water:

Juice of 1 lemon
Crushed garlic cloves
Chopped up red chilli (take the seeds out)
Chopped up ginger
Big blob of honey

Let it stew for a bit, then strain the lumps out, hold your nose, down it and go to bed wrapped in a big blanket and sleep for at least 12 hours.

Get better soon

Dizzy xxx