Dear Mum and Tom (who are both complaining about my profile being out of date): it's only two months out of date, my age was wrong for nearly a year and nobody complained. Maybe I'll change it at Christmas, but I think I'll invent a job for myself cos civil servant doesn't sound all that exciting (although it definitely is exciting).

Speaking of which, did you all see that 22000 people applied for the Fast Stream this year? Up from 16000 last year. Everyone's starting to see the wisdom of public sector careers now, band-wagon-jumpers. Although it's no easy ride: I walked SIX MILES for work today. SIX MILES! Don't let anyone tell you civil servants don't work hard.

 

5 comments:

Ian the Great said...

I met a dude on the train on the way to Bradford who said he used to say to people that he was studying Peace Studies, because he thought it made people think of him as interesting. He actually did programming.

Knocknagow said...

What on earth were you doing walking 6 miles? Did you get a puncture again?

CG said...

No I did my usual two miles (from home to the tube station, from the tube station to work and back again) plus a mile each direction from work to training at 9am, from training to work at 12:30, from work to training at 1:30 and from training to work at 4:30. It was very energetic.

Knocknagow said...

You need ask your readers for suggestions to describe you. What would your readers suggest you should say in your profile?

Sam said...

20-something civil servant, GSOH, seeks loyal readers for sometime frolics. Must love organising and filing.