I've just been watching University Challenge, where my two friends from CTYI, Matt and Marty, soundly beat the other team (something like 345 to 125). I thought it was pretty impressive that three of the four people on their team were Irish, doesn't that make you feel proud?

Actually I was having a look at the UCAS website the other day and somehow ended up reading a paper on how they had worked out the UCAS equivalency of Leaving Cert CAO points. I was pretty impressed to learn that they reckon each Leaving Cert subject is worth two-thirds of an A-Level, considering we take twice as many LC subjects as A-levels, so taking eight LC subjects is like taking five-and-a-third A-levels. And, even more, a A-Level A grade is only worth a B in the Leaving Cert! I feel pretty proud of the Irish education system right now.

I cycled in and home again today, and my back hurts again. I did stretch so I feel frustrated that it's sore again, but maybe it's because it was so cold. The damn weather forecast promised me there were only going to be occasional showers in the north of London today, but it rained pretty solidly from about two minutes after I set off (ie just too late to change my mind about cycling) until about five minutes before I got to work. Liars.

 

0 comments: