Foraging

Today I foraged. I think Andy and I are bucking the trend that people spend less and less of their income on food. After accommodation it is probably our biggest expense. Today we found an additional way to spend our money on food: Abbey Mills now has a full farmers market!

Mostly it's the chappy we already buy our meat and veg from, but he has spread out so he now has about four stalls: one for his delicious meat, butter etc, one for veg (which he has much more of now), one for bread (again, a much bigger range) and apple juice, and one for cheese. And he has been joined by an additional cheese stall, an olive oil stall and, most importantly, a fish stall! So we bought beef and cheese and bread and lots of veg and oodles of fish, it was just so exciting! We barely need to go to Sainsbury's at all now.

Then we went to Wimbledon to buy exciting things like spaghetti measurers, but the most wonderful thing was that we went for a wander around a department store and found the Ted Baker coat I've been wanting for a couple of months (harking back to the days when I had no money). But it was £200 so I wasn't sure if I could justify it. Until Andy spotted the sign saying 30% off. And then the shop lady came over and said there was a further 20% off just for this weekend! So I got the most wonderful coat half price! Don't you love pre-Christmas sales?



Now I'm sort of regretting not getting my Pashley Princess bike, don't you think the coat would have gone with it perfectly?

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does go nicely with your dish rack...