Yesterday I worked from home. It was very enjoyable actually, I felt like I was getting a bit more daylight and I was able to knuckle down and get some biggish tasks done that had been hanging over me for some time. I like all the face-to-face contact in this job, but when you really have to get something done, the interruptions are quite unwelcome.

But today I feel better, my to-do list has halved and I've just bought myself Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 for £38.95 instead of the usual £599.99. I love student offers. I love having a University email address. I've been using Works 97 on my PC at home for years and years because I didn't have anything better; now I've got EVERYTHING, even Access (which I dearly love, if only I could send attachments with emails created using Mail Merge my life would be complete). Oh and it's very sunny, which is a hazard you know (Screen Glare Costs Lives), but it makes me happy so I'm glad my blinds don't work.

I'm quite jealous that my ickle brother got to go to the final of the African Cup of Nations. Very good idea taking the opportunity to go to that: I'm not a big football fan but I enjoyed the experience of going to Old Trafford to watch Manchester United lose to Chelsea, and I'd imagine a big match like that in Africa would be really exciting.

Still haven't heard anything from the Civil Service Fast Stream people. They haven't sent any bulletins about when we might expect to hear from them since the start of January, and all it said was 'mid-February'. Which is now. I'm going to be annoyed if I get ruled out based on multiple-choice tests, I want to get to meet them and show my team-player skills and efficient-organised-likes-to-file traits and I want them to read my excellent answer to the essay question. Damn these meaningless filtering rounds.

 

2 comments:

Tom Hecht said...

Huh, I'm assuming this isn't for your MacBook?

CG said...

No, for my ancient but loveable PC.