Picture says it all really. Today Sam and I met Gordon Brown. You wouldn't guess it from the picture, but Sam's jealous because me and Gordon had a better chat than him and Gordon. He's sulking because Prince Charles and Gordon both wanted to chat about my music degree.

It was exciting, I got up this morning thinking I was just going to an Open Day. The Open Day was nice, but whilst I was there Sam asked if I wanted to go to the official opening of the Environment Centre, with a mystery senior government official. We had a sneaking suspicion it might be Gordon, but we didn't know for certain until we got there.

As I hadn't expected to be meeting celebrities, just prospective students, I was wearing rather scruffy shoes. Sam said it would be fine, but while we were waiting around I started to feel more and more conscious of them. Thankfully Sam was understanding, so we rushed home to get different shoes, only to find we'd both left our keys behind, so we raced back to the Union whilst Frodo raced downstairs with keys and we span around the carpark with Frodo chucking the keys in the window as we drove past. It was thrilling, Sam's driving style suits that kind of dramatic excursion. Anyway I'm sure Mum would be proud, I even polished my shoes.

Pressure's on, though: I have to get into the Civil Service now because I told Gordon I would.

 

4 comments:

Tom Hecht said...

Hehe, sounds eventful, well done you.

Anonymous said...

I wish they would buy 'breakfast' tea-bags and not just earl grey in the new environment centre cafe.

Otherwise it's a lovely place.

Knocknagow said...

How could you go to work in shoes that weren't suitable to meet a Prime Minister? What were you thinking of? Surely prospective students would have noticed.... Oh, the shame...
Mum

Unknown said...

Surely Gordon, your new best friend, is off to pull some strings to make sure you get into the Civil Service? And that Sam gets his internship? It's all about who you know...