So many exciting things have happened in the last week that I haven't had a chance to write, I've been too busy being excited.

The main exciting thing is that my brother has come home. He's been unwell for weeks and has been wasting away, losing muscle mass and other nasty things.

He had quite a miserable time getting home though: he was on standby from Thursday evening until Monday, when my new favourite insurance company (good old Endsleigh) managed to get him a flight home. He sounded so miserable and I was quite glad I was home at the weekend so me and Mum and Dad could be worried together.

Thankfully a very nice Quaker Ghanaian we had met at the Triennial last year rescued him on Sunday and brought him to his swanky house with hot showers. This made Ian less miserable, and consequently made us less worried.

And now he's at home and working on what to do for his birthday weekend (which I'm also going home for) and what to do next summer (he needs another adventure now his first one is over). I like my brother.

 

0 comments: