I'm feeling a bit grumpy this morning having been woken up by people drilling the road outside my window, the start of three weeks' resurfacing works.

We only realised this was going to happen when we received a letter on Monday asking us to find alternate parking arrangements while they resurfaced the road. In fairness, the man in the Council was quite helpful when I rang up and asked for a permit for a nearby car park, but I did have to ring up and ask, it wasn't offered. And the letter said the works would start 'on or around' Thursday, not at 8:00am on Thursday, so our cars were still parked on the street. I had to get dressed very quickly and move the car off the street; by the time I got back to the house, they'd taken up the road up to about two metres behind Sam's car.

So I feel hassled, and it's really really noisy in our house with all that work outside. I'm sitting here in work having some comforting earl grey tea (while a loud thing cleans the street outside) and wishing I could start the day again.

 

0 comments: