What I did yesterday.

I don't think I've ever carved a pumpkin before, so Frodo decided to teach me how. Because he is A Boy Who Likes Science, we had to do it the complicated way. We printed off a selection of templates from tinternet, then went to Tesco to buy a pumpkin.

Unfortunately, Tesco didn't have any pumpkins left, so we had to make do with a melon.

Frodo tells me it was actually much better to carve than a pumpkin. Firmer.

Anyway, back to carving pumpkins/melons the scientific way. We stuck the template onto the melon with sellotape, then used a sort of poking tool from his dissection kit to poke the outline into the melon. Then we took the paper template thing off and used the scalpel to carve out the shape. Admittedly we also used old-fashioned scooping devices (spoons) to clear out the centre, and a normal knife to take the lid off.

Anyway, a fine first carving I think.

 

5 comments:

Vicky said...

Looks just as good as a pumpkin with the light inside it, you've never tell. Very original as well.

Tom Hecht said...

A melon, roflol! The carving looks pretty pro actually - very impressive.

Anonymous said...

I want one!!

Ian the Great said...

That's brilliant, far too professional looking.

To be honest that melon looks better than a pumpking, kind of scarier.

Must remember that in future

Tom Giddings said...

That melon was so awesome :D