I've just met the happiest man in the world.

His happiness is overwhelmingly infectious, so I'm feeling quite joyous myself now. It's impossible to resist feeling enthusiastic and marvellous about everything when someone's grinning so happily.

He seems to be quite a spiritual man, and every day he starts the day by saying "Please God, if it's alright by you, can I be really happy today?" Then he goes around praying for everyone else to be happy too. What a nice thing to do!

I like meeting people like that. People who really inspire you to be nicer to the world, to want to make everyone in it happy. It's not as though he's had everything go well for himself; he's learnt this approach to the world at AA meetings. It's just so nice to see that happiness really does come from within.

I haven't been to Quaker Meeting in Bangor for ages, so it was good to go and meet lots of interesting people. There was a woman who's been on a Peace & Reconciliation educational tour in Ireland all week, a man who's going to send me information on cults (which I'm quite grateful for: it's certainly something we need to watch out for in the SU) and various people who I'd spoken to on previous visits.

Today is a nice day so far. I'm going to spend the afternoon hanging around with me, playing piano, reading, doing nice quiet things. Then Sam and I are going to go cha-cha at the Lets Go Latin class in the gym. And then Spencer (who is returning to Bangor today) is going to cook us a meal. What a great day.

 

1 comments:

Supermanc said...

Apparently Spencer cooks a killer Omlette.