This week: interim results

A brief midweek bulletin outlining our key achievements thus far and
upcoming milestones in the next period:

• Andy had his John Lewis assessment centre today. We expect to be
able to release results either this week or in March.

• It is cold and my fingers are going to drop off any minute. As Sam
points out, it turns out streets were gritted on Sunday, the snow was
just too heavy, which is fair enough. Business people are such grumpy-
pants: blah blah economic damage blah blah poor planning blah blah.
Snow is FUN and we should all be allowed to have an unscheduled,
exciting day off on a dismal winter Monday, especially when it only
happens on this scale once every 18 years. I don't know about you but
I'd rather my council tax was spent on something a little more useful
than snowploughs. I'm going to miss the snow when it finally leaves.

Not that I had a day off, I should point out. The Northern and
Victoria lines, blast them, were the only two running properly so I
had no excuse.

• I have managed to wangle a reason to go to Leeds on March 12th
which means I can justify working from the Sheffield office on March
13th which is good cos Andy has to be in Sheffield too.

• Someone has set up a stupid facebook group slagging the SU for not
representing their views but so far they don't have any views. I wish
people understood how hard it is to collect the views of 10000
students when they don't notice elections happening etc. I'm glad I've
left student politics.

• The Lib Dems are making a 'significant announcement' on 14-19
education policy this week according to an email from the Open
University lecture series I was going to go to (postponed due to
aforementioned significant announcement). What a funny way for that to
be leaked to the Department; they could have just blamed it on the
weather.

Next period:

• I'm supposed to be going to Yorkshire this weekend but that trip
depends on how heavily it snows tomorrow.

 

3 comments:

Tom Hecht said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom Hecht said...

Hear hear to the views of 10,000 lol

Sam said...

It's also quite wanky when people complain about not being heard when they shun all of the processes in place through which they might be heard.

Idiots. And I can say that now I don't need them to vote for me. Ahem.