This isn't even comparatively heavy snow anymore, this is just
downright heavy. I never thought I'd see a layer of snow several
centimetres deep right across the M25. We may be stopping to put snow
chains on again soon. We're trying to get up a slip road off the M25
right now - we've passed a car attempting to reverse back down,
presumably unable to get up the slope, a motorcyclist who looks like
they've given up and a small car whose wheels are spinning in vain.
Unfortunately stopping on a very icy slope is not a great idea so we
haven't stopped to help anyone. I'm glad we're in a Saab estate well
stocked up with snow gear rather than the Mini. I'm pretty confident
we'll get home safely but I'm worried about all the other people on
the road who set off totally unprepared. We've already passed a van
sitting sideways across the M25 - there wasn't any visible damage and
the driver looked fine fortunately but a bad sign of things to come.

 

0 comments: