On my way home now, another bus, another slow crawl through London. I
really liked Lindsey's friends, one of whom works for my department
but is on secondment to BERR. When she comes back I think we'll be
lunch buddies.

We had a good couple of hours eating and drinking chez Lindsey. Then
we went to Infernos which was less fun. The girls went straight to the
dancefloor but Andy, being the only boy, was less keen to dance. So I
stuck with him but it meant that we sat there for an hour and a half
on our ownio before deciding it wasn't really worth sitting there just
for moral support.

We didn't see anyone vomiting which was a disappointment, but whilst I
waited for Andy to collect our coats who should appear but Cousin Ed
with Zoe and Isobel who were in his year in Newtown! So that was a bit
of a coincidence. They too were leaving in horror.

So now I'm up to 7 people I have bumped into unexpectedly in London:
Matt and Andy, ex-presidents of Bangor SU (I met them separately),
Gary from my class in Bangor, Jim from NUS at an education lecture and
now Ed, Zoe and Isobel. And I also strongly suspect I have passed
Kevin-who-is-friends-with-Jimi-and-whom-I-went-to-primary-school-with
several times in Colliers Wood but I thought it was too unlikely it
was actually him to say hello. Turns out he has moved to London so it
might be him after all.

Ah, Infernos may have let me down but the night bus hasn't: the guy
opposite just vomited on the seat and the floor. Yum yum.

 

0 comments: