I don't know if everyone's going to like this new burnt orange colour. It's just a minimal blog template jazzed up a bit so it doesn't look too like Sam's old blog. Comments and suggestions on the back of a postcard please.

Right, well, two months since I last posted, I don't really know where to start. This week I have mostly been unpacking and repacking all my stuff. Frodo really enjoys unpacking and repacking, I know this because I tried to pack properly when we left Bangor but he made me do it again in Yorkshire, and after I'd repacked almost everything it transpired that he intended to go through everything AGAIN before moving to London, throwing away or putting into storage everything we didn't need.

Actually that's not true: Frodo doesn't enjoy doing it himself, he enjoys making me do it. So I refused, and made him go through my carefully assembled database of what's in each box to decide what needed to stay in Yorkshire. Sam laughed at me when I told him I had been creating a database. He said something about that being typical of people who have lost power, they try to reassert their power by forcing everything into categories and neat piles and stuff. I don't think that's true, I just think I miss organising Serendipity and my societies and stuff.

I think Tom was secretly very impressed with how much information I've been hoarding in my Access files when I handed them over to him, although perhaps Gwenan wouldn't like it so much since you're not supposed to store information you don't actually need. But I LIKE information, and I like storing it. Maybe I should be a librarian.

 

4 comments:

Tom Hecht said...

Tom is still recovering from a mixture of shock and amazement, but yes he's still secretly very impressed with the sheer amount of perfectly relevant lists, databases, and other forms of Carolan-propelled information lurking on cadnant...

Tom's also wonders if there are any spare boxes to file Freshers' Ball logistics in...

Above all, Tom just loves writing in the third person every so often and wishes Carolan and Frodo a good trip down to London. Be sure to rent a good film or two for the new gadget on the journey...

CG said...

There's those crummy ones that used to live on top of the cupboard but really they're good for nothing but binning. Or the spare expanding folders in the bottom right-hand drawer? I emptied quite a few of them.

I like your new office by the way, after I got over sulking at how different and better it looked. Although does it not bother you not being able to see people coming? I like to brace myself before annoying people walk in ...

CG said...

Sorry, I forgot to finish the boxes comment. If you can't find anything suitable Llinos will order you something nice from Viking and it'll be there the next day.

Tom Hecht said...

ta, yeah I can still see people, not quite so well, but I'm going to install a concave mirror on the wall lol. thanks for the heads up!