Housing update

Well we went to see Merton Abbey Mills this evening. There's a very very nice apartment in Bennett's Courtyard which may or may not be available -- the couple living in it currently want to upgrade to a two-bed, and if they decide to do that the apartment needs to be filled straight away (because they're moving before the end of their tenancy agreement, and they won't be allowed to breach it unless there are other tenants ready to move in). And I think we're the very people for the job. As long as they decide to move, that is.

There's another apartment available in the same block but there's no definite date that it's available (the girl is moving to Singapore at some stage) and it has these really big full height glass windows in all the rooms which is great except that the bedroom faces right out onto the road and it's only on the first floor so you'd really always have to have your curtains closed. And there's another one in Vista House which really isn't as nice at all. The other two we were supposed to see were snapped up over the weekend.

So all in all I probably need to keep looking but I'm quite hopeful that the best apartment will become available. I'll probably contact the estate agents about it tomorrow to see. Now I just want to get it all out of the way so I can get on with my sight-seeing!

 

0 comments: