Voting has now closed and I'm slobbing on the couch for an hour before heading back to start the count. We had an incredibly good first day on Tuesday with nearly 600 votes. Yesterday took us up to 936 votes, and we've finished up with 1163 in total. I'm quite pleased with that: it's lower than last year (1212) but only very slightly lower than the year before (1176) despite cutting the number of positions available from 15 to 5. Last year we had 17 candidates, 18 the year before, and this year just 9, so I'm really impressed we kept the voter turnout steady (the theory is that every candidate brings at least 50 voters with them).

It was a nice election, everyone was very nice to each other and the candidates' ceilidh was so much fun on Monday night. I'm glad it's over though, back to real work now I think.

 

0 comments: