Let the voting commence

I turned up to Main Arts foyer this morning to open the first ballot box only to find the whole place covered in plants. A bit frustrating really: I had taken pains to ensure we could use the foyer, and then gone out of my way to draw up a table plan and contact Security to check it would be okay for the Islamic Society to share it as it's Islamic Awareness Week, then I turn up and find another group has taken over the whole thing. It's pretty cluttered down there now, but at least it smells nice.

I am so relieved not to be campaigning at the moment. All I have to do is encourage people to vote generally. I have led by example, casting the first vote this morning. Very satisfying.

I'm currently in the computer lab in Main Arts and I've just remembered how nice it is to have my own computer with internet connection. There's people sitting here reading comic strips and laughing to themselves -- just shut up! It's early in the morning and I'm trying to concentrate! I would definitely listen to Storm on a University PC if only to block out the noises other people make (note: this is a reference to a long debate we're currently having on whether Storm should broadcast online or on FM).

 

0 comments: