I'm sorry I've been neglecting my blog. It's all Ian's fault, really. First of all, he's come home from Ghana. Secondly, he's not even writing his own blog and neither is Mum (edit: actually I just checked and she's just posted, damn). And thirdly, I'm far too busy worrying about his health to write stuff.

It's beautifully peaceful without any students (or indeed Sam) around. I'd like to say it means I'm being really productive, but you can tell by the fact that I'm blogging that that's not true. I had about 100 happy birthday posts on my Facebook wall as well as lots of photos of my birthday night out to look at, and I've spent quite some time browsing a party decorations website. Which I think strictly could be classed as work, since it's in preparation for the Societies Awards. I really want a six-foot Oscar-style statuette cut-out thing.

I've spent the weekend at the British Universities Championships, the finals of twenty sports, and all those athletes (and all the mirrors in the hotel) have highlighted my unhealthy lifestyle to me. So I have resolved to go to the gym today and tomorrow (I'm away after that), to exercise on the beach over the weekend, and to go to the gym all next week in preparation for a weekend's walking in the Lake District, only for all that good work to get undone at NUS Conference where I will snack on junk food for three days during 14-hour conference sessions.

 

1 comments:

Sam said...

You're getting mean.