What HSBC have done today

These bank fellows are so very creative. Not content with simply messing up this whole credit rating, today HSBC's ATM decided to eat my bank card. So, lucky old me, I got to spend my THIRD lunch break out of the last six sitting on their nice red chairs feeling baffled.

This time what they've done is close down my International Student Account as soon as they opened my Student Account. When I was in there last week they assured me that they'd let me know before closing my account, and that I would definitely get my bank cards for my new account before they closed my old one.

But no.

They processed my application yesterday (so I now have a £1,500 overdraft and a credit card) but my cards won't arrive until next Monday. "Who cares!" said HSBC to themselves. "Who needs money anyway?"

Anyway, the nice lady (a different one this time) helped me out by transferring all my money to my savings account which still works, so I'm okay. And she has also transferred all my direct debits, and given me my new account number so I can go tell HR not to pay me into the wrong account.

It seems to me that all the staff in HSBC in Bangor are very nice and very helpful, but that the staff in their central offices are Complete Idiots.

 

0 comments: