Sam is a bully

Sam has tagged me, so now I have to try find five things you might not know about me.

I have a strange desire to cross the Atlantic Ocean in a sailing boat.
I don't think I'd enjoy it in the slightest, but I can't fathom quite how big it is until I cross it by boat. Flying really isn't good enough: you look out the window for a few minutes, get bored of looking at nothing and start watching the in-flight film.

I'm officially a Talented Youth.
I used to attend Centre for Talented Youth Ireland summer school things. I went for three years in a row, studied Decision Maths, Evolutionary Economics and Computer Applications, and made some of my best friends there. Sam says it's funny watching me saying Centre for Talented Youth because I quite clearly expect people to mock me when I say it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not embarrassed or anything, I'm just expecting to be mocked.

I have thrown up on the inside of a tent and slept in it.
What a party that was. Afterwards, Mum told me I'm a horrible child.

I used to be good at athletics.
I nearly set a triple jump record in my school, but I was in the 'minor' category at the time, and minors weren't supposed to do triple jump (doesn't start until you're a junior) so there was no record to beat. But my jump was further than the junior record. I also did lots of middle distance running, and was Senior Girls cross-country champion in my final year. Now I'm just lazy and unfit.

I don't like almonds.
This is mostly because they taste bad, but also because they taste and smell like cyanide. I think I've read too many detective stories.

I'm going to tag Ian, Vicky and Dafydd because they haven't blogged for a while.

 

4 comments:

Ian the Great said...

You can't tag me! It's family that reads mine all the time. What you don't know, you don't know for a reason.

Unless I can get away with being a talented youth like yourself.

CG said...

Sam reads it too. Anyway, I'm hoping to expand your fanbase by tagging you. Surely you knew all those things about me too?

Ian the Great said...

Yes, but I'm presuming you're not preaching to the converted here. You're preaching to your hoards of other readers.

I'll cheat though.

Knocknagow said...

I didn't say you were a horrible child. After all, you were 21 (or maybe 20) when it happened so you weren't even a child. Mind you, it wasn't fun bringing it home in the car stinking!