I've been abandoned for the week so am having to fend for myself: foraging for food, cooking and cleaning up all alone. I haven't been allowed to cook for some time because I often burn my hands or cut myself or drop things when I cook, but I do really like food and I really like coming up with things to eat.

So this week, just because I can, I am not going to eat ANY lamb. I'm going to eat nice, nutritious, healthy things. Today I'm having trout with garlicky butter stuffed in it (I have to confess I bought it that way) with cous-cous. I'm going to stir fennel cooked in butter and lemon into the cous-cous when I'm ready to serve, and I've made a side-salad of red pepper, basil, feta and oven-warmed cherry tomatoes covered in deeeeelicious olive oil. I feel so Mediterranean.

Yesterday followed a similar theme: I didn't really have anything planned so I made pasta with a cream-and-pesto sauce into which I mixed some soft goats cheese and (again) oven-warmed cherry tomatoes (they're soooo tasty). I'm feeling so virtuous and healthy and best of all it tastes wonderful.

The other thing I'm working on this evening is defeating the Evil Sony, who won't allow me to transfer music from my mp3 player to my computer EVEN THOUGH I OWN THE MUSIC because it's not already on my computer (see: hard drive issues). I'm going to contact customer support tomorrow but I think I'll probably just have to use some of the many free .OMA to .MP3 converters out there. It's Sony's fault, driving me to hack their security like that.

 

0 comments: